Summer Internship Objective:

Every year LeMay Restorations has at least one feature car restored for their annual car show in Tacoma, WA. This year we have two 1956 Powell's. Our goal is to have these cars restored and driven onto the show field on car show day, August 28th 2010. Will we complete these cars on time? ...

Keep checking this blog to find out!

Quick Note:

LeMay Restorations is a completely separate entity from the LeMay-America's Car Museum. The two Powell's are family owned and restored at their private shop. The museum is a not for profit organization.

Sunday, June 6, 2010

Day 5- Lots of Sanding

Yesterday was a beautiful and sunny day....that won't happen again for another month! Tom used the forklift to move the frame for the wagon into a recently cleared room, where I sprayed 2 coats of DP primer. Jeremy will have a fun time grinding it off the end where we're going to weld the end of another frame onto it. For the rest of the beautiful day I opened up the doors to the wood-shop area where Tom stuck me to work on the steering wheels. The System Three epoxy made in Auburn, WA sanded AMAZINGLY. I really liked this product on steering wheels. I sanded them down with 80 grit paper to get the major stuff off and then with 120 grit to perfect the shape. Today is my day off so I'll be doing absolutely nothing for the day, except for this blog of course. I worked from 9am-4pm.
Before DP


After 2 coats of DP


Just applied System Three to the '41 steering wheel

No comments:

Post a Comment