Summer Internship Objective:

Every year LeMay Restorations has at least one feature car restored for their annual car show in Tacoma, WA. This year we have two 1956 Powell's. Our goal is to have these cars restored and driven onto the show field on car show day, August 28th 2010. Will we complete these cars on time? ...

Keep checking this blog to find out!

Quick Note:

LeMay Restorations is a completely separate entity from the LeMay-America's Car Museum. The two Powell's are family owned and restored at their private shop. The museum is a not for profit organization.

Sunday, June 13, 2010

June 11 +12 = Steering wheels 95% done!

Its been a long week but a lot happened...the groundbreaking ceremony for the museum, saying goodbye to my best friend for the summer, getting done with the steering wheels and a car show or two.
I feel like i've taken way too long on these wheels, but they were in pretty rough shape. They are looking very good now. I have them both in primer and ready for paint, but haven't taken a picture yet. But I will tomorrow morning before the paint goes on. Doug decided that both wheels were going to be painted white. A boring color but an original one. Steering wheels are what the driver look at most, since they're behind it, so I feel like they have to look perfect. Tom is probably getting frustrated with my perfectionism but he is still proud of me and I do other odd jobs in the shop.

1941 Plymouth sanded and ready for primer

Willys wheel right before 1st coat of primer

I know I'm bored of looking at these steering wheels so I put this picture up of my favorite topless car at the XXX rootbeer stand for the Susan B Komen breast cancer charity car show. It was a beautiful day to have off work and it was 80 degrees today!

No comments:

Post a Comment