Summer Internship Objective:

Every year LeMay Restorations has at least one feature car restored for their annual car show in Tacoma, WA. This year we have two 1956 Powell's. Our goal is to have these cars restored and driven onto the show field on car show day, August 28th 2010. Will we complete these cars on time? ...

Keep checking this blog to find out!

Quick Note:

LeMay Restorations is a completely separate entity from the LeMay-America's Car Museum. The two Powell's are family owned and restored at their private shop. The museum is a not for profit organization.

Monday, June 7, 2010

Day 6- June 7th- Very Very Very tired, of sanding too

Today I spent the day and part of the night working on the steering wheels. I sanded a lot, but got almost done with the Plymouth and the Willy's. They will both need a small skim coat of epoxy over the deep cracks that weren't completely filled the first time. By the end of the week, they'll both be in primer, and then sanded again before paint. I believe both of them are to be painted white (which is a very boring color but original is original and I can't do anything about that). It's weird that my entire purpose to working this internship, because I feel like there is no need to go home. My life rests in the hands of this job and I don't have a problem with that. Its back breaking work and I wouldn't have it any other way. I never thought I'd find out what I was suppose to do with my life, but this seems to fit real well. I worked from 8am-10pm. Tomorrow Battery Bob is going to let me use his shop so I can put a new seal in the end of my transmission. Shouldn't take too long, then it's back to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment