Summer Internship Objective:

Every year LeMay Restorations has at least one feature car restored for their annual car show in Tacoma, WA. This year we have two 1956 Powell's. Our goal is to have these cars restored and driven onto the show field on car show day, August 28th 2010. Will we complete these cars on time? ...

Keep checking this blog to find out!

Quick Note:

LeMay Restorations is a completely separate entity from the LeMay-America's Car Museum. The two Powell's are family owned and restored at their private shop. The museum is a not for profit organization.

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

First Day on the Job

(above) After scraping inner rear quarter.

(above) After scraping for a few hours.
(above) Before shot of undercoating.
First of all- I will figure out why these photos aren't in the right order.
Well, today was my first day. I worked from 9am-6pm with a short lunch, and two coffee breaks (which are mandatory at this shop). These are photos of the first Powell. Not sure if the other Powell to be restored is the wagon, or the other truck. I scraped undercoating mostly all day. We're trying to get the body scraped and ready to be sent to the sand blaster this week. The body is currently on a rotisserie so we can turn the body over so I can scrap better. I scraped with a torch for the hard to get curved areas, but I also used a ball peen hammer and some good ol' muscle. I got most of the undercoating off of the rear quarters, and underside of the cab. I also grinded off some rust on a driveshaft, which is in DP primer right now. I'll take some pictures and post those up soon. Tomorrow is another busy day of scraping.

1 comment:

  1. Love the Pics and will enjoy the show in
    august.

    ReplyDelete