Summer Internship Objective:

Every year LeMay Restorations has at least one feature car restored for their annual car show in Tacoma, WA. This year we have two 1956 Powell's. Our goal is to have these cars restored and driven onto the show field on car show day, August 28th 2010. Will we complete these cars on time? ...

Keep checking this blog to find out!

Quick Note:

LeMay Restorations is a completely separate entity from the LeMay-America's Car Museum. The two Powell's are family owned and restored at their private shop. The museum is a not for profit organization.

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

June 29- More gas tanks and a treasure find

Today was another day where I didn't feel like I really accomplished anything. I sprayed DP on the gas tank last night around 8pm and started chiseling ice out of the 1960's refrigerator we unplugged and cleaned up. This morning, there was another rust covered and dented tank sitting on my work station, just begging me to fix it up. So Tom took the grinder and cut a big section out of the top and I dunked it in the electrolysis tank. Since I couldn't do anything else past that point with the tanks, Tom had the whole crew putting up a tent for the Ultravan that is ALSO going to be done for the show. I did a lot of little things that needed to be done today. Tomorrow, tack weld, make tabs and lead another tank.
Sign above reads "you can check out any time you like, but you can never leave". We call the van "Hotel California".

Hey! I know where that is!

FOUND: Treasure. Getting ready to scrap our 1941 Plymouth car (whats left of it), and found this. We took the frame out since it was nicer than the one we had. Took off the gauge, emergency brake, those little clips that hold the firewall padding and the dimmer switch. Used my paycheck today to get a Simpson 260 series 8. Now i'll be able to test all this interesting equipment!

1 comment:

  1. Is LeMay redoing an Ultra Van? If so, I'd like to volunteer somehow. How would I make contact?

    CDJ 253-988-2275

    ReplyDelete